Description

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wigo Flat Iron Review

At Ulta right now, they have a great deal on the Wigo ceramic and tourmaline titanium flat iron. Retail is apparently $110, but the Ulta exclusive design is selling in stores and online for $29.99. At first I was skeptical that such a cheap iron could work, but I have a Wigo 1 inch curling iron that works GREAT, so I thought, why not try it. After all, there is a 60-day return policy. All I can say is, I am so glad I tried it. I actually bought the Zoe first ($39.99 Ulta exclusive), but it was a terrible iron. So I exchanged it for this, AND got $10 back. There is also a 20% off coupon currently available online and in stores, and there is a promo for free shipping on $25 orders.

On to the review: (I will post a video review soon as well, with a comparison demo with my Hot Tools Ceramic flat iron).

Heat: This baby goes up to 430 degrees F. That's hot! Great for coarse or hard to curl hair. My hair is actually very fine, but it doesn't curl well, so I have to use the highest settings on ALL my hair tools. Just remember to use a heat protectant! The cool tip stays fairly cool, unless you've been using the iron for an extended period of time.

Smoothing: As you will see in the video, the iron does a good job of smoothing. In the video, I took a chunk of hair that was a bit too big for a 1 in iron, but after running over it twice, it was super smooth and shiny. (you can see the shininess in the vid)

Curling: This is tricky, but it does work. I found that it works best if you curl down the shaft, then before releasing, wrap all the warm hair around the barrel, then let go. You get cute ribbon curls that way. (I do it in the vid if you can't visualize what I'm saying)

Weight: It's a super light weight appliance. After all, it's made from titanium.

Feel: It's a nice, small gadget. It's not too big for even smaller hands. The other great thing is IT DOESN'T SNAG AT ALL!!! It runs smoothly through the hair without ANY tugging or pulling. I know with other irons, the complaint is that hair gets caught in seams and whatnot. That is not the case with this iron. It's a great design.

Well, that's all I can say. All that's left is to show you the demo, which I will add below. Also, above is a pic of a hairstyle I did using only the flat iron. I flat ironed the top and curled the bottom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw you mention a nicely priced flat iron over on the comments on pursebuzz.com I'm probably going to pick this up as soon as my 2" Andis (kinda crappy) burns out. :) Great review.

CKR said...

Glad I could help!

CHI Iron said...

Hope its a great hair flat iron. Wish to use this.
Thanks for the details...
http://chiflatironshop.com/CHI-Flat-Iron/c44/index.html

Anonymous said...

Established in 2008, Hongsen private label hair tools manufacturer has advanced production equipment and highly qualified professionals engaged in beauty salons supplies. hairstylingtools.net

E.L.F. Cosmetics offers:

Beautychoice.com

Summer Specials!