Description

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Product Review: Sally Hansen French Manicure Pen


Everyone loves a nice French Manicure. My husband loves when I do my nails with a French Manicure. He thinks it's sexy and classy. The problem is, it's pretty time consuming if you do it yourself, and it's time consuming AND expensive to have it done by someone else. So what to do? Well, I saw this manicure pen at CVS the other day and decided to try it. I had just spend nearly an hour the night before doing a French Manicure (including drying time) and this pen promised to do it much quicker, so I thought I'd try it.

Overall, I'm disappointed. What ever is in that pen, it's NOT normal nail polish. If you make a mistake and have to clean it off to start fresh, it will not come off completely. It leaves a white residue covering your whole nail. I'm wearing the manicure right now, so I haven't tried cleaning it off after putting the clear topcoat, but I hope it comes off better than the white stuff alone!

It also puts on a VERY thin layer. So thin you can see through it, so it looks like a bad manicure. I had to do 2 coats even though the directions say only one.

I will say this, it's much easier than using a nail polish brush. The way I normally do my French manicure is to first put on the white tips, without worrying about a straight line. Then I go through with nail polish remover and a paint brush, and I shape the white line. It takes a while, but it looks fantastic. In fact, it looks better than the salon kind because it's you doing it, and you care about your nails more than some stranger...

That being said, I wouldn't cast this pen off to the side completely. After all, it makes out to be a great touch up pen when corner crack or flake off. It's also great if you just need a quick manicure that you don't plan to keep for a long time. Other than that, I suggest you invest either the time or money to get a real manicure. (I prefer to invest time cuz I have no money!!! haha) I guess we have to wait a little longer for another new innovation to come along...

Till next time... TTFN!

No comments:

E.L.F. Cosmetics offers:

Beautychoice.com

Summer Specials!