Description

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Supercool Birthday Cake for my hubby

It's my husband's birthday is in a few minutes, but today I held a surprise party for him. Yesterday, I worked for nearly 4 hours baking him the cake you see here. It's a basketball hitting the backboard and going into the hoop. Keep in mind 4 hours includes coming up with the means to get the effects I was looking for and also mixing and baking. I think it turned out well. Instead of saying "HAPPY 28th BIRTHDAY" though, I decided "MVP 28 years" would be cuter. I also bought him a plastic trophy from party city that said MVP. It was really fun to make, and he really seemed to like it. The cake itself is red velvet, and the icing is homemade cream cheese icing. I also made the fondant that covers the cake. I will post a how-to video of marshmallow fondant (much tastier than traditional fondant) and how to assemble this SUPERFANTABULOUS basketball cake. Unfortunately, it will be a while before I get it out because I have about 4 tutorials worth of footage on my camera, and ZERO time to edit it. I hope you can all "hang tight" for now. You can see my upcoming projects in the list at the top of the left column of this blog. That'll give you and idea of what's coming up. See ya!

No comments:

E.L.F. Cosmetics offers:

Beautychoice.com

Summer Specials!