Description

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hair care tips

So there was something that I just thought about while surfing youtube. I realized that sometimes people review shampoos and conditioners after using it exclusively for around a month. Then they say that after a while, their hair became weighed down and icky. Well, that's because each shampoo on the market leaves behind it's own characteristic residue. If you use it repeatedly for a long period of time, you are simply piling on that same residue and packing on layers of it. Eventually, your hair gets weighed down by it, and it starts to feel icky too. That's why it's best to alternate shampoo and conditioner each time you wash your hair. I never use the same shampoo and conditioner two washes in a row. I have about 5 different sets of shampoo and conditioner that I alternate through. That way, when I use shampoo A today, it will leave behind residue A. Then the next time I wash my hair, I use shampoo B, which will wash away residue A, but leave behind residue B. That way, the same residue never has a chance to build up on my hair.

Also, hair care experts and stylists recommend going as long as you can without washing your hair. This is obviously a different time frame for different people. It's also activity dependent. Someone sitting in an air conditioned room all day every day can go longer without washing their hair than someone who plays tennis for a living. This is also different for different hair lengths. Shorter hair can take more washings because being shorter allows it to have a better distribution of natural oils. For longer hair, even if the scalp is oily, your ends may be super dry.

If you do have an oily scalp with dry ends, I suggest you try shampooing only the scalp and conditioning only the ends, and maybe used watered down conditioner for your scalp. That should help even out your hair's condition.

Anyhow, I'm off for now. Till next time...

No comments:

E.L.F. Cosmetics offers:

Beautychoice.com

Summer Specials!