Description

Friday, October 3, 2008

Trend Alert and Fashion Find

A big Fall 2008 makeup trend is red lips. It got me to thinking, I'm not a big fan of dark lipstick. Especially since it rubs off onto everything so easily. I realize that there are lip stains available on the market, but they are typically offered by high end makeup companies. I don't know about you, but I am not super rich... or even rich...haha...So I got to thinking. Remember when you were little, and you used to take your red cherry Popsicle and smooth it on your lips and pretend you were wearing lipstick? And remember how it would stay for hours? All that stuff is is food coloring right? So I figured, why not try plain food coloring as a lip stain. Now that's how to be trendy on a budget right? So I tried it, and what you see is what I got:

It lasted for several hours, which I found impressive. I did have to water down the coloring a bit to keep from looking like I was a vampire. In addition, red lips seem to simply accentuate the fact that my skin is so pale, so I felt toning it down worked much more to my advantage. Anyhow, I thought it was a neat trick that could help ladies out there who don't want to fork up the moola for high end lip stains.

Here's a video how-to:




Another thing I wanted to share: I found the cutest mary jane shoes. They are super comfy, made of soft leather (or faux leather more likely) and best of all, they were CHEAP!!!

I found them at Walmart for $9 exactly! I know some people are principally against Walmart, but if you're not, what a great deal! There were other colors besides black. I wanted the beautiful deep red ones, but alas, there were none in my size. There was also a yellow pair, a purple pair, a light turquoise, silver, and brown. If you are looking for comfy flats at an affordable price, I suggest you make your way to the nearest Walmart. I think I'm gonna search around other Walmarts to see if I can find a yellow, turquoise and red pair. I've always wanted a cute pair of yellow or turquoise flats, and I just want any pair of red shoes...I crave color in my rather boring wardrobe. But enough complaining. Till next time...

No comments:

E.L.F. Cosmetics offers:

Beautychoice.com

Summer Specials!