Description

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Props to Smashbox

So, a while back I was blogging about how upset I was that Smashbox stated that amino acids are the building blocks of DNA. I e-mailed them about it and got what seemed to be a "blow-off" e-mail that stated my suggestion would be put into consideration. I figured they would ignore me. Instead, I checked their website today and found out that they have since changed the description of their Lash DNA mascara. It's good to know they listen to their customers (though I'm not really a customer since I've never purchased from them.) I may just have to buy something from them (I've been liking the free sample of foundation primer I have) just because I'm so impressed they they have listened to the consumer. Now I know I am probably not the only one who wrote in about this, but I am definitely happy I was able to participate in this change. Props to Smashbox!

1 comment:

Aisling said...

Hey, that's good to hear! And C., you can be sure you made a difference, because I don't think that a lot of people would write to them about something like that. People that I know wouldn't even stop to actually READ the ad!

I'm going to try my hand at writing a complain to a company. Yesterday, my sister called me (and she was furious) to tell me that the new design of the Corn Pops cereal box in Mexico was filled with misspelled words. I went to a store to check it, and what I found was that the box was actually using mobile phone message language, or whatever that is called. That can be seen in their web page (even if you can't read a lot of Spanish, it is easy to see that does not look like Spanish at all).

http://www.thepops.com.mx/

I can understand my sister's concern since she is a mother of two kids, and she says that now it is hard to make children spell words right, it will be worse if the cereal box seems to condone misspelling.

The site is kind of fun, and it is clearly stated there that it was meant for kids over 13, but of course younger children that will eat the cereal will visit the site as well (the address was printed in the box).

Let's see what they have to say. I understand they wanted to look "kool" and to use "koolr lngwg" to appeal to "kdz" or something, but they overdid it. I don't want the Mexican children to end up writing like that.

E.L.F. Cosmetics offers:

Beautychoice.com

Summer Specials!