Description

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mini Hiatus

So I will be on somewhat of a video hiatus. It's not voluntary at all. I'm rather upset to have to take a break, I had so many vids lined up and ready for editing and posting. Unfortunately, I had a co-worker spill soup onto my laptop, which contains all my footage. And even if I had my video footage elsewhere, my desktop computer does not have the proper specs or software to complete any of my projects anyway.

It's pretty bad. I brought my computer home to remove the hard drive. I was hoping to prevent further corrosion from the salts in the soup by removing it. When I took the computer apart, I found soup in my touch pad, my keyboard, and on the motherboard. Not only that, I found a lovely patch of burnt motherboard. Not to mention the soup had soaked all the way from the top of my computer down to where the RAM is housed... not a good sight. I managed to remove the hard drive, which has some dried soup on it. My hubby works at Best Buy, so he's supposed to help me extract everything that's on my hard drive. Fortunately, I keep my research data backed up regularly. The problem will be my pictures, videos, and music. There isn't enough space on my external HD for all that.

Anyhow, wish me luck. So far Geek Squad, my dad, and my computer tech Father-in-law all say it's pretty hopeless. I have no choice but to purchase a replacement. That computer retailed for $1900 when I bought it...ouch... I wasn't expecting to buy a new one for 5-6 years.

Man, today really sucked. I only accomplished 1/3 of the research I intended to, and now I can't order primers to fix my problems because I don't have access to my data. Then, of course, there's the laptop issue. In top of that, I came home seeking comfort food, so I pulled out and English Toffee Ice cream bar only to find that the ice cream had melted and re-froze at the bottom of the package, so when I bit into the bar, all I got was the chocolate shell. After I sucked the ice cream from the wrapper, I got a new one, cuz I felt I deserved a decent ice cream bar after today, and the wrapper got stuck to the side, so as I ate it, I had to pull the paper out of my mouth... Augh! What a day. Hope yours was better. Please have patience while I go on video hiatus...

No comments:

E.L.F. Cosmetics offers:

Beautychoice.com

Summer Specials!